If you’re a fan of American Airlines, you may have considered the Citi®/AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard®. This is the most premium American Airlines credit card on the market and the only one with Admirals Club access.
The card was refreshed with new benefits (and a higher annual fee) in July 2023, and one of these new perks is a $120 yearly credit for Avis or Budget car rentals.
In this post, we’ll look closer at this car rental credit to show you exactly how it works.
Let’s dive in.
AAdvantage Executive World Elite Card Overview
Access to Admirals Clubs, tons of added benefits, and a way to spend towards elite status make this a great option for American Airlines loyalists.
Learn More(at our partner’s secure site)
21.24% – 29.99% Variable
There are numerous benefits to the AAdvantage Executive World Elite card that will make it worth it for many American Airlines flyers despite the hefty $595 annual fee. Let’s take a quick look at some of the card’s highlights before we dive into the Avis/Budget car rental credit.
Benefits of the AAdvantage Executive World Elite Card:
- Earn 10x miles on eligible car rentals through aa.com/cars
- Earn 10x miles on eligible hotels booked through aa.com/hotels
- Earn 4x miles on American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1x miles on all other purchases
- Earn 1 Loyalty Point for every dollar spent
- Complimentary Admirals Club membership
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Up to $120 back on eligible Avis or Budget car rentals annually
- Up to $120 back on eligible Grubhub purchases annually (up to $10 in statement credits on each monthly billing statement)
- Up to $120 in Lyft credits ($10 credit each month after taking 3 eligible rides)
- 1 free checked bag on domestic American Airlines flights for the cardholder and up to 8 companions on the same reservation
- A 10,000 Loyalty Point boost after earning 50,000 Loyalty Points and another 10,000 Loyalty Point boost after earning 90,000 Loyalty Points
While the AAdvantage Executive World Elite card offers many benefits, including a $120 credit for Avis and Budget car rentals, it may not be right for you. Thankfully, there are plenty of American Airlines credit cards to choose from, so there’s something for everyone.
How To Use the Avis/Budget Car Rental Credit
The Avis/Budget car rental credit on the AAdvantage Executive World Elite card is straightforward and easy to use.
To qualify for the credit, you must make 1 or more purchases directly with a participating Avis and/or Budget location using your AAdvantage Executive World Elite card. A credit for the amount charged, up to $120 per calendar year, will appear on your statement within 8 to 10 weeks.
The credit applies to the rental cost, including time and mileage charges, taxes, and other fees.
Purchases made through third parties or as part of a package don’t qualify for this credit. This can include any of the following:
- Discount travel sites
- Tour operators
- Travel agencies
- Vacation clubs
- Vacation packages
This credit also doesn’t work when renting cars through aa.com/cars; therefore, these purchases only earn 1 mile per dollar spent instead of 10 miles per dollar spent.
The AAdvantage Executive World Elite card has an annual $120 credit for Avis or Budget car rentals booked directly with car rental agencies. This credit can be applied to taxes, other fees, and the rental cost. It will be posted automatically to your credit card statement within 8 to 10 weeks after a qualifying purchase.
Rental Car Insurance
Remember that the AAdvantage Executive World Elite card comes with car rental insurance. When you pay for your rental with your card and decline the rental car company’s collision/damage insurance, you’ll be covered for up to $75,000 if the car is damaged or stolen. This coverage is secondary in the U.S. but primary outside the U.S.
The $120 Avis/Budget car rental credit on the AAdvantage Executive World Elite card is an easy-to-use perk that helps take the sting out of the card’s annual fee. Even travelers who only rent a car once or twice a year can use this credit easily. All you need to do is book a car rental directly through Avis or Budget and pay with your card. A credit for the purchase amount of up to $120 per calendar year will appear on your statement within 8 to 10 weeks.
Credit: Source link