Expedia has just released its 2024 Air Travel Hacks Report that shares ways to save money and ease travel-related stress. Unfortunately, they can’t always control who you’ll be sitting next to on the plane. (Photo by Jupiterimages/The Image Bank via Getty Images)
Want to save money on your next trip? Stupid question. Who doesn’t? One of the most useful things about the Internet is the ability to make your own travel arrangements. But if you don’t know how to play the game, it can still be stressful.
New research from Expedia reveals that air travel is the biggest source of stress for 55% of Americans. They think it’s even more painful than going to the dentist or filing taxes! Fortunately for those people, the travel site has just released its 2024 Air Travel Hacks Report that shares ways to save money and ease that travel-related stress.
With the busy holiday travel season approaching, this couldn’t come at a better time. Here are a few of Expedia’s recommendations:
- Book flights on a Sunday – It’s still the cheapest day of the week to do so, saving travelers up to 13%, on average, on international flights and 6% on domestic flights. Friday continues to be the most expensive day to book flights.
- Depart on a Thursday – Starting your trip on a Thursday could save you as much as 16%. Avoid leaving on a Sunday, which is the priciest day, on average.
- Fly before 3:00 p.m. to lower the chance of delays or cancellations – Research shows flights that leave after 3:00 p.m. have a 50% higher chance of being canceled than earlier flights.
- Purchase domestic flights about a month in advance – For domestic flights, booking 28 days before your trip could save you more, as travelers who did saved as much as 24% compared to those who booked at the last minute.
- International air travel should be booked around 60 days ahead – Buying tickets for overseas flights within 60 days of travel can save you around 10% on average. It also helps with finding optimal availability.
Credit: Source link